Sunday, January 13, 2008

I Guess This Is What The Kids Are Doing

I blogged once. It was... anticlimactic. But the older I get, the more ruminant I get and the lack of athleticism in my life leaves this as one of my few available outlets. Also, I like to think that these days, something might happen to me that might actually be noteworthy. Just outside of the mediocre. I am living on the Miracle Mile now, somewhat single and electric with energy. I have honed my appreciation of modern music into a downright obsession. Another thing is, I talk a lot. Sometimes the words bottleneck on the way out of my head and make no sense due to my attractive little speech impediment. I can streamline them this way and make less garbled nonsense.

All of these excuses have lead me to you. That, and Bill Callahan. If you ended up here on purpose, you are likely a Bill Callahan fan and you searched for lyrics for "From The Rivers to The Oceans" and now you are disappointed in Google for dragging you here. Well, before you go navigating away, think about the faith in wordless knowledge that brought you here. There are many things I think I know that I am not going to be able to articulate here... but maybe you'll get it. Maybe you think the same picture and sound, and now because of the faith, we found each other.

I might be wrong, but I doubt it. Welcome to my mind, vintage 2008.

-Christina

1 comment:

ke said...

love love love you. welcome to the blogosphere. And when you feel like you are pumping thoughts and words into a vacuum (and you will), remember that I am out there, reading and appreciating your heart-filled sentiments.